View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
You seem to have the same problems I had ... (except the CD changer which I don't have since I only have the single Business CD) ... but I do agree ... E39 problems seem to be relatively common ...

The FSU isn't all that bad to replace ... it's 50:50. Either you will replace it so quickly you'll wonder what all the fuss is about; or, you'll be cursing the evil ears on the FSU connector like some of the rest of us (me included).

Of course, I broke off the evil ears ... and then my FSU came right out ... but I don't recommend such draconian satisfactions ...

Bluebee
Since it's my mother's car, and she doesn't want to be stranded again, she ended taking it to a local indy shop (South Bay Independent BMW) today. The FSU unit was $110+tax and labor was $90.

Pelican Parts has it online for $60 shipped; the local dealer wants $158 for the same part. I suppose I could have DIY'ed and saved $150, but that's the price you pay for convenience and assurance. It's still way less than a monthly lease payment...