View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: bmw g650 xcountry
under warranty?

hey Christine,
is your bike under warranty? I personally gave up. i have the same issue as yours as you know. it's even getting worse. it stalled a couple of times while riding it. i was coming out of a gas station after a refill and found myself in the middle of the street, stalled! good thing there was no traffic. it seems to get worse on colder days, even though it hasn't gotten real cold down here in Florida. (down to 60 for a couple of days)
so i sent Bmw a certified letter on October 9th requesting a refund and i am quite determined to get it even if it means going to court.
Last time i went to pick up the bike at the dealership early in the morning the service manager was warming up the bike to make sure the engine was warm when i started the bike (like yours my bike keeps stalling when the engine is cold). they wrote on the repair order form that the fuel in the tank smelled old. unfortunately for them, i have proof of purchase of new gas the day before i took it in. since i haven't put on a lot of mileage since i purchased it in november they are blaming the problem on the fact that i don't ride the bike often enough. I just got tired of being blamed for the problem--not riding the bike enough, using the wrong kind of gas, using "old smelling"gas, not knowing how to "nurse" the throttle to start it. the last recommendations on the repair order are for me to: "ride the motorcycle", "keep the battery charged", "keep fuel fresh". they've been trying to put the blame on me and this is what made me decide to ask for a refund and not to have to deal with them anymore once the case is closed.
good luck to you, and keep me informed

Last edited by xcountry; 10-21-2009 at 03:41 PM.