View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ml View Post
1. Happened to me too, I am with you.

2. If they said it was designed to be like that, they were lying. Some has the symptoms, some not, yours are like mine: many symptoms are intermittent, some days are better... I have already answer this in another post. The way they told me is that my remaining symptoms are "common". (I can't argue with this!)

3. When the transmission in my X3 is "acting up", I hate the suspension too. When the transmission is fine, I don't hate the suspension. I think this is the phenomenon.

4. PPXYZ, can you answer MORE to this question? - "PPXYZ please tell us what another mechanic, lawyer, BMWNA representative, etc has said with respect to this situation." Did you find the lawyer yet?
Note: those who have no problems with their X3s should just ignore these posts and should certainly avoid answering them.

I find the suspension and other issues to be separate from the transmission problems although the jerky transmission exacerbates the suspension problem. Other things have come up which have to be dealt with first because they are significantly more dangerous than even the AT or the bouncing suspension.

4: IMO it is best to have a handle on everything at the same time instead of dribbling it out.

Obviously I don't know for sure but I can speculate that my suspension bouncing issue is an over reaction to the stiffness in the suspension problem from previous year's models. The spring from imperfections in the road reverberates through the cabin making it feel as if it (the cabin, not the car) is bouncing up and down like a ball. My car does this even when the AT isn't acting up.