View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X3
New X3 Owner Here!!

Just bought a 2009 X3...okay, well actually it's for the wife. Anyways, we were originally looking at used 07's and 08's, but with the 0.9% financing, the new one was a no-brainer. I live in Ogden, UT, but we actually bought it in Tucson, AZ. I was TDY there with the Air Force and ended up getting a new car in the process. There aren't a whole lot of Bimmers in Utah and the dealership in Salt Lake is pretty high priced and none of the used ones were CPO'd. Anyways, it is a pretty base model...nothing fancy. Black exterior with beige interior. The only thing that it is missing that we would like is seat warmers. Not many BMWs in Tucson had them...obviously!

A couple quick questions. It doesn't have the alarm. How many of you have the alarm and how many of you would recommend it. I see it was about $380, but I assume with installation it will run $500. If I do get an alarm...do I get the BMW one or got to an aftermarket? Anything else I should/shouldn't do as a new X3 owner? We got the dealer to throw in the carpeted floormats after some begging and also bought the all-weather rubber ones. How about the 3M clearbra also? I hate dings and chips and I think it may be very useful here in Utah.

Anyways, thanks for any advice in advance!
Ads by Google