View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MB CLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHeath View Post
Even with a smiley, that was a rude comment.

Do you believe that getting an M-Sport version of a car is that different than any other version?

If you don't think that they stick the cheapest possible wheels onto winter tires - without any regard as to finding wheels "that looked cool" - you are sadly mistaken.

Regarding the size, winter tires are almost always smaller - and why would the winter tire provider spend extra unnecessary money getting 18 or 19 in wheels when 17s will fit the same car?

I apologize for not having seen this thread yesterday, but am pleased to jump in now to clarify the points raised.

Yes, we do stock wheels fitted with Winter tires for what I presume is a 3-series M Sport vehicle. The all-inclusive rental cost would be as on the website - 140 Euros for the first 48 hours and 29 Euros per day thereafter. The mileage allowance is 300 miles per day. Excess miles driven on the equipment are charged at 0.10 Euros per mile. The offer you resurrected was one from back in the Summer of 2008. It was not one I repeated for 2009, nor, if I had, would it be valid now that the Winter season is already under way.

You would be well advised not to even think about fitting Winter tires onto the existing wheels which will be supplied with your car. It is not a question of fitting 17 inch tires because they are cheaper, it is because they will give you the sufficient grip that you will appreciate when driving in wintry conditions. Winter tires on 19 inch wheels on your vehicle would not be of much use.

Regarding what you have implied with regard to the standard of wheels supplied by me, sadly you are mistaken. The wheels I have chosen for the Winter tires rental program are certainly not by a long-shot the cheapest. I chose them for their durability, for their appearance and finally with one eye on their cost. I think you can find some comments as to how they look, on this forum as well as on the Testimonials page of the website: http://www.edwintertires.com/testimonials.htm

Winter tires are currently available for your car for 9 days beginning 15th December and although the tire depot is normally closed on Christmas Eve, I can make special arrangements for you to return the equipment at some time in the morning of 24th December. But is Vikase open on 24th I wonder? To reserve the equipment, just complete the on-line booking form on the website.

Winter Tire Rentals Munich, Germany
Vacation Property Rentals

Last edited by john lance; 11-01-2009 at 10:01 AM.