View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW G650Xcountry
Hey, Serge. I haven't been on this site for a couple weeks or I would have replied sooner. Got your private message today and replied right away. For anyone else out there with the same problem, the Milwaukee BMW dealer gave me some fuel system cleaner to try. I put 2 oz. in my 2 gal. tank but have only rode twice on this tank of gas so far -- about 25 miles each time. It's probably too early to tell but so far it's the same, if not worse. The weather in Wisconsin in getting colder now but today it's above 50 so I'm going out riding. I have also started video taping the starting/stalling episodes as documentation. Another BMW dealer said they have a customer that put an after market tailpipe (less restrictive) on their X bike and it solved their stalling problem -- but I ran this past yet another dealer (I have called all around the country) and they said if the tailpipe was too restrictive it would stall whether it was hot or cold. I'm almost willing to try it though, since it worked for somebody else.

The manager at the Milwaukee dealership and the regional service rep said they are will to "work with me" on the stalling issue, beyond the warranty expiration in February 2010. I'm not giving up but am losing hope that the corporate engineers will resolve this issue for all of us struggling with it. I think too small of a percentage of the X bikes are affected for them to spend a lot of time troubleshooting it. One thing I do know is that I refuse to accept that this is normal!

Sadly, I don't enjoy riding my bike as much as I used to -- just knowing that I'm going to have to struggle through 5-6 starts before it stays running is a real bummer. Going to motorcycle events is also kind of embarrassing because no one else's bike stalls like this and then people look at me like... is it the bike, or is it her???? Ugh! I hate that! Plus, it does no justice to the BMW brand. Still frustrated. Anyone who can solve this problem will be my hero!!!