View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
D'oh, You kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
Many thanks for the replies. Even though the mileage is incredibly low for a 1984 (87,000) I am shying away from that 633, simply for the very reasons you listed....body rust. It doesn't look too bad now, but the evidence of rust is there, and the car has spent it's entire life within a couple of miles of the Gulf of Mexico. I'm afraid it will only get worse. I don't want a potential rust bucket. I live 20 miles inland from it and still can smell the salt air at times. I can only imagine how much corrosion is actually going on under the body panels.

I love the looks of it, but for that kind of money (and the seller took the "OBO" out of the listing and won't come off the $5500) it would have to be a lot nicer. That would be a "buy it and drive it" car, not something that I'd want for a perpetual project.

Besides, I've found a 'project car', something I KNOW is going to take a lot of TLC. Perhaps the most neglected, abused and downright ugly e36 on the planet. A 1994 325i ACS3. Now I have to get it away from the abuser!

Oh, I have the BMW bug really bad (or good?)
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot

Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira" 1985 635CSi "Katja" 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"
HAVE I HAD MY MEDS YET?