View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit3356 View Post
DSX, I do honor your opinion. I read about the Audi case, and I understood your point clearly.

IMHO, this Toyota case is quite different from the old Audi case. It is typical of the faults all modern cars with computer brains may have. It is difficult to piece together any human errors plus the floor mat to make up the story. Computers cannot tell right or wrong. They just execute the commands. I agree that people may lie for some benefits, but still it is not possible to exclude computer faults from the 2000 complaints. I knew this kind of problems will come out some day. After I experienced one personally, I just became a more concerned driver. I don't blame cars, and I don't claim to be a perfect driver, either. I became far more attentive now while driving and think continuously about what to do assuming something can happen. I drive the current state-of-the-art car as is. My intention was to learn more wisdom from experienced drivers like you for everyone to get prepared. It is like the earthquake. You don't know when it will strike.
OK wit, fair enough. We'll wait and see how it all shakes out.

(BTW, I'll be in LaJolla from the 14th to the 21st, I'll keep an eye peeled for your 335, just in case.)

Last edited by DSXMachina; 11-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.