View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: G650 X country
Hi All, just signed up so i could chime in with my experience on my 2009 G 650 X country. I have had issues pretty much since i bought it a year ago. Regarding the stalling issue...they have replaced the battery twice, they updated the software on the CPU, they tried using a bigger flywheel (from a Dakaar) and then ultimately replaced the CPU on it. The new CPU has pretty much stopped the stalling issue. However, they left the bigger flywheel on when they were throwing parts at it and that ended up loosening and then i started smelling burning and loud rock like noises in the engine when it started. they then replaced the original flywheel and that symptom has stopped. The latest issue i am having which they can not wrap their fingers around is that now it starts up but when i stop (after 10-20 minutes) for gas, store etc and then try to restart it the ignition churns but it wont fire up. i then wait for 10 minutes or so and it fires up. just the other day i was in a rush to get to work and found myself push starting a $9K bike through the chevron lot after re-fueling...quite embarrasing as you can imagine but got it after 3 tries! took it in for service yesterday and of course they found nothing wrong with it. I have BMW customer service in the loop on all my problems and just keep logging my issues and bothering the service dept. i love the bike but get very frustrated when i consider that i too bought a BMW on the premise that it was reliable and reputable. Glad to have the warranty and roadside assistance too as i have used it 4 times now. All issues have been warrantied and BMW even paid my 6K service out of good faith. oh, unrelated to my stalling and starting issues, my side stand D ring loop broke off at the weld points...they replaced (warrantied) that too recently. guess that is what you get when they are now making them in china? i certainly expected more though regardless...all i can say is to keep nagging customer service and your dealer/service dept. gald i found this forum as i thought i was alone. good luck all.