View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceRoach View Post
They wouldn't give me the bulletin info, but said my 3rd party warranty was refusing to pay at first since BMW knew it was defective.

This was a major pain for me. BMW seemed very secretive about it.

Tell me about it, I have all the right documentation that under factory warranty (i.e. under 50k miles) that I had this issue, and I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Jared from BMW NA says hes the customer service "manager" but thats not the best part, they wont let me talk to the area manager, who only deals directly with the Service Director of the dealership, and will not accept any customer interaction. But the only option I am getting from them is to pay to have this fixed, and if it fixes the issue, BMW will "seek" assistance as an act of Good will, I don't trust them one bit at this point, what options am I left with? And I guess the other question I had for you was, how did your dealer come up with it being a defective part? Is there some sort of way they went about to see if it was bad?

2006 750i Black Sapphire, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Comfort Access, Comfort Seating, Cooled seats, Heated Rear Seats, MTEC Angel Eyes.
2005 545i Titanium Grey, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, K40 Caliber Built in Radar System