View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525i station wagon
Well--I have started into the fix of my oil gasket leak and have removed the alt so to get to the oil f housing
when removing the alt I cracked the pully on the power steering pump--Didn't know that all of our pullys are plastic--imagine that--anyway I have a 2 hour drive to make now for another pully wheel--did get the oil filter housing off and have cleaned everything up so as to have a good start on her when I get back---the gasket on my housing was as hard as a dang rock--reminded me of the valve cover gasket--the gasket just broke into little pieces when trying to remove it---can see where this could be a job every 100k mile or so---if the car lasts that long---on the freeze plugs on the oil filter housing--mine are different from any seen so far--there is an allen wrench hole that you can use and allen wrench on and remove them--there are no leaks around them what so ever--so I'm leaving them alone--the was considerable amount of oil coming from around the oil housing though--hope that helps