View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Leaked again...

First rains in LA this year, and, yep, the wagon is leaking again. At least this time I decided to check before driving the car and found the water coming out of the left/driver side tonneau track. Car is back at the dealership and they are hemming and hawing about the "environmental intrusion" cause again...

What a load of crap. This is a 70k car from one of the supposed premiere auto builders in the world. As helpful as the investigative work done by other posters on how to find and clear the drain lines, I don't think we owners of this premium car should have to spend valuable time dealing with what is a clear design flaw. BMW needs to address this and fix it. Period.

As far as litigation goes, it's always best left as a last resort. So what can we do? Has this Mr. Stewart offered anything positive, or just more buck passing? What about drawing up a group petition and putting it in front of BMW? Last year I registered my complaint on the DHTSA site, but not sure if that will be fruitful.

This is a serious safety issue, not simply some sniveling from BMW owners who don't want to even check the oil themselves. Lives could be at risk when the electronics go out, and the litigation costs for that will be astronomical --- for BMW.

Let's make them set this straight. Thoughts?