View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzp View Post
Hi All,

Last night i was driving my X3, turned the seat heater on (its about -27 here!) I got about three blocks when I noticed a TERRIBLE smell accompanied by PAIN in the left cheek! I looked down saw smoke coming out of my leather seat and swerved into a snow bank. I am allright and thanks to great 4 wheel drive pulled out of the snow bank but am burned and my seat looks terrible-not to mention DANGEROUS! I went straight to the dealership and they were awesome even replacing my coat...HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS??? The car is going in next week to have the seat replaced and they are looking to see if any damage happened from the snow bank as well as the electrical system.

I would just like to know if anyone has info on RECALLS or other incidents

Thanks so much, so cold without my seat heater;(
michelle
How dangerous is that. Glad that you didn't get into a serious accident.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=919220

"while driving to a friends house this morning, my drivers side heated seat burnt a hole in the leather and in my jeans. i have a small red mark on my *&^!!!
Has BMW ever done anything about this? I am out of warranty only 7 months, will they pay for this? I have a 2004 X3. If not, I will NOT buy another BMW. I have had the passenger side airbag sensor need replaced as well, it would have cost $1,000 but my service manager went to bat for me, and i got it replaced free. At that time, it was only 3 weeks out of warranty.
Anybody else having this problem with the seats in their Bimmers?"