View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Kat, you may want to give Tischer a call, their parts guy may know right offhand the material used for those, and for the price, I hope they are not plastic but you never know. They are not heavy I wouldn't think.
Kurgan -- Thanks for the great idea -- sounds like either a phone call or a stop at the dealership across the freeway might be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Hi Kat. I would hope that any caps purchased from BMW would be coated to minimize potential corrosion. Also, you're not laying down salt in Houston are you? You are near the Gulf and I suppose salt air could blow in with ocean storms...
[Is that the Alps with the Matterhorn in your sig pic? Trying to outdo me?]
Hi DSX -- We don't have to lay salt down or have a big storm to have low grade corrosion, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Everytime we get a south easterly breeze we pull alot of moisture off the gulf. I would hope the caps are safe as when I do an accessory search using the year/Model search function on the BMWUSA site, it pulls them up.

[Yes -- you guessed my sig pic. Not trying to outdo you, just trying to find something appropriately snowy so as to not get you too frustrated. (lurid )
(Picture was actually 4 panoramics taken with a 35 mm film camera from Gornergratt -I love Photoshop!)]

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793