View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5, Mercedes ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorker22 View Post
I have 07 x5 4.8i which was quiet early build. I have few issues with A/C, rattles. Some of the issues are still exist and I am going back to dealer next week. But I like the car very much. There is no other choice in this class. M-class is to boxy, look like big box to me.
Range rover is too expansive, same for Cayene( V6 is not real porche) so whatelse do we have option? RX350 is lower class, New GX looks ugly. LX is again too expansive.
That is why I ended up with x5. The x5 is for my wife, and she loves it. For me , Once a while, I check her car, and bring it back to dealer for repair or fix. So far, not major issues. I really like the handling of this x5.
I really didn't understand your post.

BMW X5 4.8 being fully loaded ( go to www.bmwusa.com and add all packages there) costs 80 K, with M-package instead of Sport-package is around 83K. So that the car is not actually cheaper than Lexus LX570 or Cayenne -S with 4.8 engine or say Mercedes GL550. Another story that in BMW u may NOT to add all options and buy it say for 60K.

Now to the first post. I have 5-th sedan bought in 2006. I drove also X5 and has some experience. I also have Lexus LX470. In quality Lexus is not reachable, no breaks in 6 years ! With BMW I had a lot of problems. BUT-BUT-BUT dynamics of BMW worth those many breaks, japan cars are not even close in dynamics and enjoyment for a driver.