View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT417 View Post
In general, yes. But not bullet proof. MB has problems right now with injectors failing a lot and a colleague's older 5 series diesel went through a couple of injectors before reaching 60000 miles.

The engine in the X5d has been modified specifically for the US market, AFAIK from some of the posts here, and presumably doesn't have a long track record from which to judge it's reliability.
I understood the US mods were to soften valve clatter noise only and are of a nature that should not alter reliability.

CndRockies: Your experience is similar to ours. We went from an 04 RX330 (bulletproof and a luxury carpet ride) to a 2010 RX450h (very fast acceleration with everything but an arisewipe convience) for the wife. I had an ML 500 a few years back and it had many warranty issues but I loved how it was a truck with a lot of utility while still being sporty. I have the 2010 X5d and it reminds me of the ML but sportier and so far more reliable and definetly better MPG.

Once I get more experience with both the 450h and X5d I will write up a comparison for all. Thus far, the RX keeps me from being too smug with my X5d!

Last edited by XXX555; 12-28-2009 at 05:29 AM.