View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfish View Post
akmangus, would you mind telling me more about the AAA method you used? I check the AAA site and couldn't find anything relating to that.

I ordered my x5d last month, and it's set to arrive next month.

I have a few questions about pricing too. For some reason, it seems that my x5d is about the most expensive one I've read of in this forum, coming to $76K. I did select almost all the options (I usually get vehicles fully loaded) with the exception of ones I didn't think I needed, like the ventilated seats and such.

In the end I negotiated to 4.25% off of MSRP, which came out to $8,630 off of MSRP ($4,130 + $4,500 eco cred). I'll also hopefully be getting the $1,800 tax credit.

Is this a good deal? Am I overloading an x5d? You guys think I should re-open negotiations again?

thanks in advance for any advice or info.
why not look it up yourself???? You knwo what you ordered, just add up all the invoice prices from the published 'wholesale price' sheet at the top of this page! Then you know what the dealer is paying, and what their profit is!

It isn't possible for you to pay $76k AND be getting 8630 off MSRP... are you including tax in that $76? is that 76 'pre discount'??