View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35d 2007 Lexus LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrink1 View Post
Well, I just got back from the dealer. They had to put in 2.5 gallons of fluid in. Which I guess is about the capacity of the heated tank. They didn't find any leaks. The service manager said the fluid in the other tank was congealed because of the cold weather so it didn't transfer. Since I bought this car on 11/28 the temperature has not been above freezing so this makes me a little concerned about winter driving with this car even though it is parked in a garage. I only have 2100 miles on it. I got a little pissed when they wanted to charge me $60 for the fluid. He tried to tell me it is only free at service intervals so I had to get the owners manual out and showed him (page 226) that exhaust fluid replacement is part of the service plan. I have a feeling either the tanks weren't filled at delivery or something else is wrong. Does anyone know if the factory fills the tanks or is the dealer responsible for that at delivery? I don't have much confidence in this dealer after speaking with them.
Mine came filled from the factory. I live in a cold climate, and I haven't had any problems, and I've had mine for a year now. I just had mine flushed and filled when they changed the oil for the first time.

Craig