View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
I agree, I've had a terrible experience with BMWNA and my diesel X5. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have purchased my X5, or another BMW. This is my 4th BMW, and most likely my last!

Craig

I must admit it amazes me how stupid BMW NA can be at times.

BMW NA is STILL showing on their webstie, under "build your own," a $900 tax credit for the diesel X5, even though the IRS tax info is out and has confirmed it is still $1,800, same as last year. I, and others, have e-mailed BMW NA about this error more than a month ago, and they are STILL understating the tax credit for the X5 diesel by 50%.

Now, how stupid is that. It's one thing to make the mistake, but to ignore multiple messages from customers that inform you of the likely mistake, and then to do nothing, is hard to fathom.

BMW NA are you listening out out there?

P.S. Maybe we should start a pool to see who can guess the date when BMW NA realizes it is telling their potential customers that the tax benefit of buying a BMW X5 diesel is $900 lower than is actually is (unchanged from last year), i.e., they are overstating the cost of buying an X5 diesel by $900.

My bet is April 1, 2010.

Last edited by Penguin; 01-18-2010 at 03:17 PM.