View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 740iL
Monitor goes blank and audio systems (Radio, CD) shutts-off in about a couple of minu

I found that the brand new battery (made by Interstate) on my 2001 740iL was a bad one. within a month of putting this battery, I started to have this exact problem and I started to look for replacing my Navigation unit in the trunk as recommended by some in this forum and I was about fork-out $3000 at the local BMW dealer. Then, one morning I found that the battery was so weak that I could not even start my car. I took the battery to the vendor and discovered that it was a bad battery and got a new replacement battery - and all on a sudden, all the problems just vanished - the monitor is back and audio systems are functioning again as they should be. Hope, this experience will help others with similar nasty problem. Please, check your battery first. Just because your car is running, does not mean that the battery has full power. I guess BMW automatically shuts down all non-essential systems to preserve the battery's remaining power to help you drive the car.

Last edited by hafiz1966; 01-19-2010 at 07:17 AM.