View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 X3 xDrive35i (F25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
.... Mine was running with the door open. Keep in mind these go frequently which supports the software update on reducing wear and tear.
Mine did just the opposite, my car's soft door close mechanism was running when the door was closed. About a month ago I was driving along when a warning message appeared on the dash stating a door was open, the dome light came on and I heard the soft close mechanism trying to close the rear passenger door. This repeated over and over again even though the rear door was closed.

I pulled over and opened/closed the rear door but to no success, still was happening. So I turned around went home, parked and turned off the car but the damn thing kept trying to close the door. I was afraid that it would damage the door mechanism and run down the battery so I was just about to drive over to the dealer when it stopped doing it.

I drove the car and nothing was happening so I made an appointment for the next week to bring the car in for service. When the day came to take it in I decided not to as it hadn't happen again and I needed to be somewhere else. About three weeks later it did it again and then stopped. This happened once more about 2 weeks after that episode so it went into the shop yesterday.