View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
selling cars of any brand has become so promotion oriented that all the sales people want to discuss is their deal because the 'deal' is what they know. product knowledge is secondary. pressuring a potential buyer to buy now because an offer expires soon is just as much of an element of current BMW sales strategy as it is of any other manufacturer.

my wife wanted a Highlander...thank goodness she test drove an X3 first...because a friend had one and my wife liked it. the Toyota salesman, who had just finished a cigarette and had that appealing stale cigarette smoke aroma, stated that the dealer's policy was to have a sales person accompany customers on all test drives rode in the front passenger seat. the guy did not know sqadoosh about the Highlander, and didn't seem particularly embarrassed by his lack of knowledge - but he did know about the Toyota Sell-a-thon and called us non-stop with updates as the promotion wound down.

our BMW sales person (Mike Plohr with Isringhausen Imports) knew everything about the X3 just as he did about the newly introduced Z4 that i bought from him in '03.

anyhow, this is an interesting topic.