View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 X3 xDrive35i (F25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown-Irish View Post
Mine did just the opposite, my car's soft door close mechanism was running when the door was closed. About a month ago I was driving along when a warning message appeared on the dash stating a door was open, the dome light came on and I heard the soft close mechanism trying to close the rear passenger door. This repeated over and over again even though the rear door was closed.

I pulled over and opened/closed the rear door but to no success, still was happening. So I turned around went home, parked and turned off the car but the damn thing kept trying to close the door. I was afraid that it would damage the door mechanism and run down the battery so I was just about to drive over to the dealer when it stopped doing it.

I drove the car and nothing was happening so I made an appointment for the next week to bring the car in for service. When the day came to take it in I decided not to as it hadn't happen again and I needed to be somewhere else. About three weeks later it did it again and then stopped. This happened once more about 2 weeks after that episode so it went into the shop yesterday.
Got the car back yesterday and they replaced the latch mechanism under the CPO warranty.

On a different note they lent me a new 328 (only 114 miles) while it's a nice car just glad to have my car back as I found the car too noisy and cramped. I should do this peroidically so to appreciate the car I own.