View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman103099 View Post
Isringhausen to me is like a 30,000 sq. ft candy store to a child. I have two BMW dealers closer to me, but still take my car there for many reasons, one being their knowledge.

Also, I just told someone that my vehicle was RWD and the X only kicked in when needed. Jeesh, I thought I knew it all...
yes, Isringhausen is always worth the trip just to see what exotics are there.

when we bought the X3 we had done a fair amount of research and had a good idea of what X-drive was all about. our sales person, Mike, gave us more information and explained when it was useful and when to disable X-drive to put the X3 into 4 wheel drive. that input from him has been useful to know.

a couple of years ago there was a Ferrari of some sort in their show room with 1200 miles on the odometer. a person from St. Louis had ordered the car from Isringhausen, put up serious money to secure his order and waited a long time for the car to be built and delivered. he got so paranoid over the attention the car got when he drove it that he brought the car back to Isringhausen to sell for him...and lost tens of thousands in the process.