View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
pancakes?

Mein Auto: '96 328i sedan
I got this:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding oil recommendations and viscosity. We appreciate your inquiry.

Viscosity is a measure of an oil's flow rating, which can be affected by ambient temperatures. In many situations, ambient temperatures may not be extreme enough to warrant a different viscosity compared to a normal oil recommendation.

If you require a specific oil recommendation or would like to confirm if you should use a different viscosity due to your location, we suggest contacting your nearest BMW center. Should you need it, you will find a complete listing of authorized centers, categorized by name, state, or zip code, on our website at www.bmwusa.com/dealers.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.
which is useless, so I called BMWNA, and all they know is is in their "technical resource database," which is useless, and their engineers are in germany, so I got nothing.
Maybe ill try bobistheoilguy.

EDIT: Oh, and the only thing they said on the phone is that thinner oil can increase oil consumption, which is more of a bandaid than a fix.

Last edited by advertisehere; 01-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.