View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 530i 5-speed, SP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
It became my business when my mom's money was actually MY money. I imagine you'd be pissed if someone was taking advantage of you? Perhaps you're above that and forgive immediately after being slapped in the face? I, however, am human, and I want it to stop.
Yes he's 17, but this is nothing really new for our family. We've been through a lot of sh*t where my other brothers/sisters stepped up and made it work, well before the age of 17, nearing 18. He's never done that before, and it's now his turn to step up to the plate and contribute. In this case, his best contribution is to stop wasting money when it can be used to feed, provide clothes, pay heating/water bills, insurance, etc...
My point was that there are worse things than smoking weed. I speak from experience. I don't condone its use and I've had no desire to smoke it in decades. People who do drugs, legal or illegal, including alcohol, are usually looking for ways to escape whatever pain they feel. It's self medication. Do you ever spend money on alcohol? Don't kill him over it.

I'm sure that you have rationally explained to him what is expected of him, i.e., contributing to the family. Good luck.

BTW, I've experienced being "taken advantage of" and being "slapped in the face" plenty. My wicked ex did her best after I decided to divorce her to destroy me in every way imaginable (physically, mentally, financially, career, etc.). I will never be able to recover from some of the things she did to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
'03 530i 5-speed, Sport & Premium Pkgs