View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Thebizzy.com

Send a message via AIM to Mack
Mein Auto: '02 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh P. View Post
I'm at 62k and had a leak right around the water pump, so I replaced that and the thermostat preventively. I went over the radiator carefully and did not see signs of leaking, but I did replace the upper hose cause it was brittle though not leaking. But I'm planning on/assuming I'll have to replace the rad w/i a year. or around 70k miles. Not sure which rad I'll put in, but it won't be OEM.
I was saying the same for the longest. But an OEM rad only cost me $146 to the door. A Zionsville would've cost around $600. I did the math, it didn't work. I went with OEM/Behr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn90 View Post
1+!!!

Bluebee, the classic crack is exactly where the UPPER Hose joins the radiator.
This is the area where the plastic neck (the hose attaches here) joins the plastic side tank.
The problem is: it may leak slowly, giving you time to fix, or it can erupt like a volcano with no warning.

Some people have crack radiator at 60K, some runs all the way up to 160K or so.
I am like Mack, stay on the conservatibve side, and replace the rad at 80-100K, considering that an overheated engine will cost you some $4-5K bones!
Agree whole heartedly bro. Plus I didn't want to end up stranded out somewhere and have to shell out mad ca$h to get it fixed on the road if I was too far away from home.

Mods: Shark Injected | Magnaflow Exhaust + Resonator | H&R Springs | Bilstein SP Shocks + Struts | TMS Power Pulleys
Eibach F+R Sways | BeastPower Brackets | M-Tech bumpers | Predator ICE V3 + HID Fogs | Eurodyne CF Hood | BSW Sub + Dice + spec dock

[---Quote (Originally by Tex330i)---
You can warranty a turd, that way when you have a problem you can exchange it for a new turd.---End Quote---