View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Give thanks.

Mein Auto: 2006 X3
I have to say that link to BMW doesn't say "it's in all wheel drive all the time" .. it said it is in 40/60 ratio which means 60% of the power is on the rear wheels and that ratio adjusts when road conditions require it.

So a salesman saying that it's RWD and then it transfers to AWD when road conditions require it is pretty close to the truth, it's just dumbed down for the average consumer. This happens a lot in sales. It could also be the forgetting of certain facts and the salesman's memory degrading a little and then saying what he thinks is true. With BMW this is not exactly deception that is to their advantage in selling a vehicle. They would be a lot better off saying it's AWD or 4x4 all the time than saying it's RWD until the roads require AWD (I would think anyway)

Also I posted in a previous post about this stuff that when you turn DSC off that it disables MOST of DSC and then the X3 is in mostly AWD mode all the time.. This I got from the OWNERS MANUAL describing what the button does