View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X6 xDrive3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAx5+335xi+330c View Post
Agree about the minivan comment. I traded my 2008 x5 on a 2010 diesel. I instructed the dealer to spec it out exactly the same as the 2008 when ordering the 2010, except to make it a diesel (great fyi - much stronger and better fuel economy than gas version).

My new x5 arrived with no roof rails! It looked terrible and I have the ski and bike attachments. After a very prolonged discussion with the dealership that first wanted to charge me $1300 to have the rails installed (yes a horrible process of removing the headliner etc) they agreed to charge only what the rails option would cost if they had properly ordered it, so I paid $300.

The factory sent two left rails twice, so i had a loaner x5 for a week and a half. I'm going to inspect the hell out of the headliner and installation over this weekend.

It should be an option to NOT have the rails put on - really stupid move by BMW and dealers were not properly informed....
I don't believe the dealer, any dealer, can install a headliner the same as the factory. Good luck.