View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:39 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
stjoelax07, we appear to be having the same problem, I have done a little research and I found a SIB that explains exactly our problem.

SI B 24 03 09
Automatic Transmission April 2009
Technical Service

SUBJECT
550i and 650i with N62TU and 6HP26 - Various Drivability Complaints

MODEL
E60, 550iA produced from 09/05 up to 02/07

E63, E64; 650i produced from 09/05 up to 09/07

SITUATION
The customer may complain about one or a combination of the following situations, listed below:

Intermittent harsh 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 downshift (jolt) when coming to a stop with light brake application.

Jolts and/or jerks felt when reaccelerating after coasting.

Judder when gently accelerating (most noticeable at an engine speed below 2,000 RPM).

CAUSE
DME and EGS software calibration

SOLUTION
Program the vehicle with ISTA/P 2.33.0 or later, using the path "Conversion" and "Downshift behavior". After this modification, the k-word "HADS" will be added to the Vehicle Order.

Note that ISTA/P will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do not have the latest software.

For information on programming and coding with ISTA/P, refer to CenterNet / Aftersales Portal / Service / Workshop Technology / Vehicle Programming".

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Certified Pre-Owned Program.

Defect Code:
24 00 33 98 00

When I took my car to the dealer they said that they could not perform this upgrade because it doesn't match the same production year of my car EVEN THOUGH it is the same transmission 6HP26. I bought my car used and it hasnt had an software update since 2005. Likewise I have no warranty.

The ironic thing now is that my transmission has sprung a leak, had an Indy take a glance at it after noticed light brown puddle in my parking space, and now my transmission has stopped jerking around 37mph with light throttle.. Im baffled! Just curious, what is a PUMA??