View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Sunny

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW E64 645Ci
E64 645ci 2004 Logic7 Amp replacement

Hi,

I've been having problems with my Logic7 sound system (scratching/distorted sound coming from left & centre speakers) - this happened at the same time I needed one of my Xenon lights replacing (ouch!) and BMW diagnosed it and said I need the amp and centre dash speaker replacing.

They want 1400 odd pounds to replace and fit and have offered 50% goodwill, which whilst appreciated I can't really afford after just having to pay a similar amount to replace the light.

Having read up on this, there seems to be a lot of people who have experienced similar problems and have saved alot of money by replacing the amp themselves (in some cases the amps have managed to be repaired).

So I was wondering:

1) Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2) Looking on RealOEM.com there appears to alot of iterations of the Logic7 (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...85&hg=65&fg=25) - I've come across a 65129150899 (which ended 09/2007) for 250...would this be fine to fit?

3) Anyone have any decent guides to replacing the amp? Is it just a case of hot-swapping them? I'm due to get a dension 500 installed and the audio shop I'm going to use have said if that's the case then they'll do it for me. But it would be useful to have a guide in case I have to do it myself.

4) I read a post on this forum where someone did the procedure on a 7series - the amp is located in the trunk towards the left arch of the wheel - is this the same for the 6 series?

Sorry for the long post, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sunny

Last edited by gillms1; 02-07-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Advertisement