View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillms1 View Post
Thanks for the link. Anyone had any experience of this speaker?

I'm thinking of sorting out the amp first and then seeing if the speaker needs replacing or it was just BMW trying to squeeze more 's out of me.
PM me your email address, I can send you instructions in PDF format. The service manual does say that replacement involves programing/coding but doesn't go into any details, you would need to talk with a service adviser about that. I just cannot give you a definitive answer based on the info I have.

Also, I replaced my center speaker with a better speaker. So I have an OEM center speaker that I can send to you for cheap.

Either way, send me your email and I will help. If you want the speaker we can work that out privately.

The center speaker is very easy to change, the grill just pops straight up, I used a thin spatula as a puller tool, just wedged it under and slowly worked ti up around the edges. Once you have it up there are 3 torx screws. it is best to use a torx bit in a rachet since you cannot fit a screwdriver in that space. I can't remember which size torx driver to use, you will need to get a bit set and figure that one out. A set is really cheap.

Last edited by tampamark; 02-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.