Thread: Angel Eyes DRL
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitori832 View Post
i have the facelifted 09 model. is that not LCI?
That is the LCI, but you don't have xenon's which is what you saw on the road. You and I have halogens, and the halogens DRL's are the inner 'dot' headlamp. The angels only come on in complete darkness as the inner ring with the outer 'dot' lit.

When I traded in my E93 w/xenon's and got an E90 w/halogens I too tried to solve this, but nothing will work in "automatic' mode. You'll have to manually switch the headlamps each night and/or purchase a questionable xenon-like kit with all of the issues that go along with them (blue-ish tint, fail quickly, not as bright, cause error messages on the dash display, etc).

I just decided to live with the standard halogen DRL's and that's that.

Here's a visual explanation of what I was trying to accomplish....posted it in another thread and over on E90post. Lots of dialogue, decided to stay as-is.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 02-17-2010 at 12:04 PM.