View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
One of the reason(s) why i'm pushing bcool to make this a legal issue is that it's the only way BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ in Munich will get to know about this vibration problem. If the dealership statement that "...there're other F01/02 experiencing the same vibration problem..." then BMW HQ OUGHT to be aware of this and jump on the issue before it's too late.

By now we're all aware of what has happen to Toyota. After almost a year of denial and blaming the problem on stuck floor mat, they've admitted there is a major problem and have recall 8 million Toyota vehicles. Not only will this recall affect their safety reputation, it'll drive away some of their loyal customers and also affect their Q2 earnings drastically (somewhere in the ball park of 2 billion or more).

Right now, the local BMW dealership and the regional manager is playing games with bcool and i GUARANTEE you BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ leadership are not even aware of this vibration problem that seems to be going on with some of the F01/02 and how bcool car has being in the shop for 90 days plus and still making payments on it.

In summary, the ONLY way to resolve this issue is to force BMW HQ to start investigating the vibration problem on the F01/02 and it may take the court/legal system to open this case up to get BMW HQ attention. Hopefully, BMW is learning a lesson from Toyota and will not make the same mistake.

bcool,
Just incase BMW try to settle the case, please make sure part of the settlement includes BMW agreeing to investigate the vibration problem. That's the least you could do for all F01/02 owners out there. Just my personal thought, btw.
Many years ago I got the same treatment at the hands of Renault in relation to a mis-fire after three attempts to fix the problem according to UK consumer law I can ask for a full refund as the car is not fit for purpose.

On the third attempted fix the service manager said he can get an identical model to do the same so in his eyes there is no fault, I then asked him for this in writing stating that Renault cars have a mis-fire built into the normal running of the engine, the look I got was priceless.

About 1 hour later Renault customer service were on the phone and I got the car replaced for a new model, cs agent told me the dealership was in the crap cos they did not tell Renault technical about the problem apparently there was a fix available but they decided for some reason to not inform them or carry it out.

Don't give up bcool keep records and hit them with everything.