View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Brevity = soul of wit

Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by therajman View Post
I do want to thank everyone for their comments.

A few more points:

I am sure that you read that I had the 2007 335i. I just repeated the order when the lease ended. I foolishly assumed that the car would remain the same for the most part. I can understand cost cutting due to the weaker dollar but sneakily removing stuff, well, in my book, that is sneaky. The biggest bummer is the radio. If I had any idea of the downgrade, I would have ordered the logic7. It would have added $800 to the car. Whats $800 on $50K? But the fact remains that BMW did not publicize the downgrade (why would they??) and the dealer claims that they were not specifically notified about the downgrade.

And no, I did not feel the need to check the 2010 floor model at the showroom from top to bottom and inside/outside and neither did I feel the need for a test drive. I wanted a stick and the dealer did not have a stick and I did not want to drive an automatic. So I did not. I did not turn the radio on at high volume and I certainly did not roll the windows down and open the sunroof and turn the radio on because i did not drive the car. Maybe I should have but the point I am trying to make is that all this information was not disclosed by BMW on their promo material or on the website. Especially the stereo. After all, we have come to expect a consistent level of quality from BMW over the years and I never expected this from BMW. Call me naive. I have learned my lesson.

I can live with the deletions. But not this pathetic, sad radio. And what sucks is that I am stuck with it.

Trust but always verify!

BMW decides to cheapen their brand on the back of small-cost details. It's ridiculous.

Talk to the dealer, they'll take it back if you get a M3 instead or a Series 6.
Do yourself that favor. You can also look at CPOs for these two models.

If not, sell it and buy something else.

$50K buys you a lot of power/ refinement, in particular in the secondary market. You could get a Maserati or a Porsche for that price.

I am sorry for your trouble.