View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM

Mein Auto: 750 Li
750 Li Vibration Issue

Hi BCOOL,
Just read your post and I have a similar story. I purchased my 750 Li and got it delivered at the end of August 09. After driving about 1 week I noticed the vibration. I took it to the dealer, they verified and said there were defective tires and changed a couple. Still the issue persisted. It was back in the shop again they changed another tire, I'll get the car back and still the same issue. By this time the car was in the shop on numerous occasions and I did believe it was a tire issue, so wasn't really worried. When I purchased, I got 2 sets of rims and tires, one for summer and one for winter. So It was starting to get cold and I decided to not have them mess with it again because I was assuming when I put the winter set on the problem would be solved. Well, In November that was done and still the same issue. That's when I got concerned. There is definitely not a rim or tire issue. The vibration occurs bet 55-65 and the car noticeably "shakes", which is not felt on the steering wheel, but instead on the seat and the entire car. Since Nov. the car has been in the shop for average of 7-8 weeks. They have done pretty much everything - including changing the drive shaft and completely "reprogrammed" the shifting etc. and nothing has helped. I do love this car but it is becoming annoying and a major pain. I try to drive so I don't feel it but it's hard when it's in that speed range. I am waiting to see what BMW has planned and will keep you updated. My dealer admits there is a concern and is trying to get it resolved. We'll see.. But I will take this as far as I need to.