View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750Li
I just got my 2009 750Li with sport package back from the dealer for the second time on Friday. I must say that I was very pessimistic about whether or not they would actually be able to find anything wrong based on what I've been reading. However, after a 2 day software update that included transmission program changes, the car no longer vibrates when shifting at 30 and at 40 mph. It also doesn't hesitate or get the jerking to-and-fro motion at constant speeds anymore. They even had a BMW technician drive the car with me, and they had a representative from the BMW corporate offices following the problem with me. They also offered me new tires at no cost which would have replaced the Pirelli's with Goodyears. I declined this offer (for now) as I think the Pirelli's are fine. From what I've read, any run flat tire will have some issues when cold after not being driven for a while. To my suprise, the car is performing flawlessly. They really fixed it!!! The tires seem fine with no detectable shimmy either...even when they are cold. This software update is new, so I hope it helps everyone who has had the same problem finally get some satisfaction. The car really is a dream when it's running perfectly.