View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 740i
i believe the problem to be more so the amperage available at the startup of the bulbs when cold temperatures are present. there is a smaller, less powerful battery installed in the car. they put a new one in when i got the car, but this one is like for a 3 series or something. needless to say it already has insufficent cold cranking amps, not quite what this car calls for. i've just noticed that its only when the car has really sat for a good amount of time in the cold weather. so only when the battery hasnt been charged for a few hours. batteries loose a bit of amperage and charge while not being charged, so this makes sense. i will likely need a new battery so i think i'm going to put in a gel cell battery. i've had good luck with Exide Orbital line of batteries. IMO better than an Optima. i now remember this same thing happened on to my friends 350Z, problems with the lights at startup and the battery's cranking amps.

i can usually overcome the lights not comming on by turning the switch to the on posisition before i initially start the engine. little things like this arent too bad, easy to get around.

*Der E38*
manufactured: 7/01
color: anthrecite metallic
wheels: style 89 E66, 19X9F 19X10R
ext. lighting: 8000k D2S & LED plate light
*want to get sport rear diff*