View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 2010 X5 35d
Talking BMW Navigation Software

I wrote BMW Munich reference my recent purchase of a 2010 BMW X5 35d (US SPEC) via the Pentagon BMW Car Sales program here in Europe. I took delivery in January 2010. The only issue was that the local Mainz BMW dealership that prepared the vehicle for delivery wasn't able to immediately update/change the Navigation Maps from US North America to the European maps because of a software issue. Two weeks after I had took delivery, Pentagon BMW Car Sales contacted me to finally have the European maps installed. All seemed to have went ok and I was quite happy to finally be able to actually use the Navigation.

During the past month as I have been getting to know the SUV and get use to the Navigation system, I keep noticing the Navigation system seem to not know allot roads that have been around for at least a year. I began to get worried that maybe there was a problem and that’s when I came across the “Navigation System Version” information, which states the version is:

ECE
BMW
Testmap 2008-2

I found this to be extremely strange especially in light of the fact that the 2010 BMW IDrive system is NEW. Also I find it very odd that the Map version would be labeled as Testmap, and that 2008 was that last map update. I requested that they find out if this map version was correct for a 2010 X5 and/or if incorrect what the correct European maps version is or should be.

I was let them know that after researching some more via varies blogs (Bimmerfest), I found several European and US models were delivered with the below version:

ECE
BMW
Road Map Europe Premium 2009-2

Well after three weeks of spaming them with emails, they contacted me today to say they had good news (huh) and that they would like to schedule a date/time to update my Navigation software.

I do have a question for the forum though, I'm curious to what updated features are included in the Road Map Europe Premium 2009-2 version if anyone knows????

JMPSOHI
Advertisement