View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzamonza View Post
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thfixr View Post
My wife has a 09 750Li that we picked up in Oct. I've only driven the car 3-4x and have been disappointed with the ride and stupid e-throttle/transmission every time. I noticed a slight vibration going down the road at 50-60 today and attributed it to the run flats but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Having had a 03 745Li, I can tell you this 09 doesn't ride nearly as nice as my old 7. Is it possible the rear wheel steering is contributing to the problem? Maybe alignment shifts under load and makes the rear end squirrely within a certain speed range? It would explain the seat of the pants feel vs steering wheel shimmy.
THanks Bonzamonza and 2thfxr for your sharing...really appreciate it.
For your info, mine does not have rear wheel steering.
Will post in the next day or so some shocking info...just have to head out in few minutes.