BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

335d

259K views 3K replies 186 participants last post by  ghhviking 
#1 ·
Guys, is there an area just for us compression heads?

#1,966 ·
SES Light Due to Urea Freezing = BS

Last week, my SES went out and stayed out until I parked the "d" in the garage on Friday night.
Today, I started my "d" up to pull it out of the garage and the SES came back on. My garage is climate controlled and the temp does not drop below 50 degrees.....so I'm calling BS on the whole urea freezing and causing the SES light to illuminate.

#1,967 ·
Last week, my SES went out and stayed out until I parked the "d" in the garage on Friday night.
Today, I started my "d" up to pull it out of the garage and the SES came back on. My garage is climate controlled and the temp does not drop below 50 degrees.....so I'm calling BS on the whole urea freezing and causing the SES light to illuminate.
There could be another reason for the SES light besides the urea tank issue. Or, it could be a condition that is sending fail codes intermittently. Or, it could be the alignment of the Sun, the Earth and the Moon (or, some other combination of celestial bodies). :eek: That is what is so wonderful about the SES illumination - unless you have a reader that is capable of talking with the DME, you don't know why it is lit up. And by extension, you don't know whether to panic or ignore it.

Look at the bright side - the car has not gone into Limp mode....

#1,971 ·
Hey guys!

Brand new 2010 335d owner checking in. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information that you guys shared in this forum. The rave reviews and the test drive pretty much sealed the deal :D I actually have never seen a 335d on the road (I'm in the Los Angeles area) and am proud to be representing us torque-loving drivers! We're there LA 335d owners at? lol

#1,978 ·
....I actually have never seen a 335d on the road (I'm in the Los Angeles area)...
I've only seen one in the 8 months I've had my "d"....on I-95 in Massachusetts....NY plates.

#1,974 ·
Hey guys!

Brand new 2010 335d owner checking in. Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information that you guys shared in this forum. The rave reviews and the test drive pretty much sealed the deal :D I actually have never seen a 335d on the road (I'm in the Los Angeles area) and am proud to be representing us torque-loving drivers! We're there LA 335d owners at? lol
congrats to both of you and post some pics!

I have only seen a couple of diesels, ***8804; 3 and in scottsdale I'd say about 30% of cars are e90s

#1,975 ·
thanks guys! hopefully the numbers grow as more people get to experience the car.

nice magburn. I just went to southbay yesterday to pick up the car. just wait for that moment where you hit the gas pedal, the torque hits you, you find yourself leaving everyone behind...leaving you giggling and laughing to yourself like a crazed madman. aka the 335d epiphany :p

#1,976 ·
thanks guys! hopefully the numbers grow as more people get to experience the car.

nice magburn. I just went to southbay yesterday to pick up the car. just wait for that moment where you hit the gas pedal, the torque hits you, you find yourself leaving everyone behind...leaving you giggling and laughing to yourself like a crazed madman. aka the 335d epiphany :p
congratz, BTW did you get michelin PS2's on your d? I just got a pic from phillipe on his cell and I lost the BMW lottery AGAIN! I got the Crapstones... (I lost on my E46 also by getting the Conti's instead of the Pilot sports)

#1,983 ·
Yup. :)

#1,984 · (Edited)
Car is now in garage, sounds system rocks, engine is super torquey, love this car! Car got rained on though, will need to wash before pics!
Thanks Phillipe!

EDIT: These cars have soft paint, got my first hood chip on the way home... Where's a good place to get a clear bra install in Socal?
Also, diesel sales are going to take a nosedive after BMW killed the eco credit and is offering $2500 off AND 0.9% on the 335i.

#1,987 ·
I have seen one other since I got mine, it was a silver one and was sitting on the dealer's showroom floor when I went to pick up my plates. I have also only seen one Xd and that too was when I was at the dealer picking up my plates but it was leaving for a test drive.

#1,995 ·
EPS = the same sound system that is availble in the M3, and is not the L7 system that comes in the 2010's.

#2,000 ·
Well my SES light has been on for the past week or so because of something to do with the exhaust piss system. I did not get a chance to really talk to the SA about it, he just made mentioning of it in passing and said so far the preliminary diagnosis is some sensor in that system or something else. I did not catch what the other one was, he did say if it is either though it will mean needing to order the parts.

#2,003 ·
Light us on for an exhaust back pressure sensor that they say is not in stock stateside but a few dozen available overseas. Said they have three on order so wonder if it is a common thing to go bad. Had a flat tire too so ping to use that wheel and tire warranty we bought.

#2,002 ·
I'd be insanely afraid of the white getting dirty or even stained a little too often, just reminds too much of dress whites when in the corps and seemed like just took a few steps before they showed dirt somewhere. My beige interior already gets dirty way too easily, clean it 1-2 times a week when I am using the car for commuting. With that said, that white does look very sharp in there.

#2,005 ·
The fuel economy versus average speed graph is shaping up nicely. The third polynomial curve fit indicates that optimum fuel ecomony would be at an average speed of 84 miles per hour. This curve currently has a correlation factor of .976 to the data supplied to date. keep the data coming and I'll post a new graph this weekend.

#2,014 ·
My last one was 28.7 @ 42.1MPH (I was not a happy camper). Next one (next week) should be more in line with the norm. Currently at 34MPG @ 64.6 (but that's just with 200 miles on the tank).

#2,007 ·
Thoughts

Ok, let me get this out of the way, I don't like the wheels on the 335d. I need suggestions. My car is on a boat and should be here in April so I don't need winters, but I can't stand the rims on there now, which is perfect so i can put winters on them. But still, looking for a blade look.

Any ideas? Darla, her name, is black on black. Thanks!

#2,008 ·
Ok, let me get this out of the way, I don't like the wheels on the 335d. I need suggestions. My car is on a boat and should be here in April so I don't need winters, but I can't stand the rims on there now, which is perfect so i can put winters on them. But still, looking for a blade look.

Any ideas? Darla, her name, is black on black. Thanks!
Is your car coming with the SP? Honestly, I'd swap my SP wheels any day for the M-sport package wheels or even better the 335is wheels. Problem is, most of those owners don't want to give them up!

#2,009 ·
This is a question for 335d owners w/cold pkg. Did your car come w/ a ski bag? Just curious. Mine didn't.

Also for owners around NY/NJ/CT/PA/MD with EZpass... Does your EZpass work on front windshield near rear view mirror? For some reason mine didn't work when held up against the glass when picked up the car(didn't put velcro on car yet). Did you have to get one for front license plate? Sales consulatant told me that some 7 series had special windshield but not 3ers.

#2,011 ·
This is a question for 335d owners w/cold pkg. Did your car come w/ a ski bag? Just curious. Mine didn't.

Also for owners around NY/NJ/CT/PA/MD with EZpass... Does your EZpass work on front windshield near rear view mirror? For some reason mine didn't work when held up against the glass when picked up the car(didn't put velcro on car yet). Did you have to get one for front license plate? Sales consulatant told me that some 7 series had special windshield but not 3ers.
Well, we got EZ pass here in orange county, CA and the transponder work fine either high up right next to rearview mirror or when just "thrown up on top of the dash"

#2,010 ·
magbarn

I did not get the sp. I am the cheapest BMW owner that has ever graced a showroom. I don't mind admitting it either.

I do not mind paying for some new wheels. I do like the 3 coupe wheels. Not really sold on the M3 wheels. I like the look of the M6 wheels though!

#2,013 ·
magbarn

I did not get the sp. I am the cheapest BMW owner that has ever graced a showroom. I don't mind admitting it either.

I do not mind paying for some new wheels. I do like the 3 coupe wheels. Not really sold on the M3 wheels. I like the look of the M6 wheels though!
I don't think the M3 19" will fit without rolling the fender. I believe only the front 18" on the M3 will fit as the rear 18"'s are too wide. The M6... no wai!

#2,016 ·
#2,036 ·
Its pretty cool to see all the diesels around here in Madrid. 90% of the bmws here are diesel
Seen a couple of real ugly ones I'm happy arnt in the US

Ill post up some pics later. We just got back from a segway tour which is hella more fun
than our cars lol anyone who hasn't tried it, should

#2,037 ·
Attached is the latest fuel economy graph with data from six 335d car owners. I'd like to get at least 32 data points to enable the best statistical analysis. Some of the data points are now driving a poorer correlation, resulting in the peak of the curve now disappearing. With some more data, we should be able to get this back on track.

Attachments

#2,042 ·
Nothing useful to add but a pic of my 335d Touring yesterday after a nice polish...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.