View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Mein Auto: e90 M3, e24 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebimmer View Post
I'm sorry Brit, but I disagree with you on this one. We don't have ghettos where I live, so I have no reference to go by.

Lowering a E24 M6 in the front by 1" is a very minor amount considering that most aftermarket sport springs available lower it by 1.25 to 2.00 inches. In fact, I will still be able to use the Bilstein HDs that are currently on the car.

Most E24s that have had the SLS removed, have a slightly "nose high" look from the side view.

Now, back to that "Ghetto" thing..............

Jim Daniel
I have to agree with Brit on this one. Most sport springs can lower 1-2 inches both front and rear. Lowering by an inch in the front only is a significant change, and I think you'll find it really messes up the suspension dynamics. And part of the "nose high" issue is also on account of the fact that the proper ride height for the car is actually lower at the rear than the front. If you're going to do any lowering, get a proper spring/shock setup. By the way, Turner Motorsport offers a H&R/Bilstein sport package for the car for a great deal. I replaced my M6's SLS with it and have been more than happy.