View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Hello Bonzamonza and everyone else.

I am writing an update in which I will try my best not to do in anger.
UPDATE:
I got a call yesterday from BMW Autowest Service Manager telling me to come pick up my car b/c they need the courtesy car back and there is nothing more they can do.
Their conclusion is that the vibration problem is a normal characteristic of the 750i!!!
BUT at the same time admit mine has a more intense shimmy/vibration!?!??!
So...BMW wants me the customer to figure how to fix it on my own?!?!?!

Today I went to pick up my car and went on a road test with the service manager. He concurs that the vibration/shimmy is obvious and noticeable. He also admitted during the road test that as a former mechanic he feels it was a huge letdown not to be able to fix this issue.
He says now that he has delivered the car back to me, he can now fight for me with BMW Canada. Hmmmm...why not before?!?!

This one big nightmare!! But wait it gets better. I noticed that the car has over 300kms on it since I brought it in and when I asked the service manager he just looked embarrassed. He said probably went on lot of road tests. But 300kms?!?! Least of my concerns right now so let it go.
THen as soon as I get home I notice a door ding on the rear passenger side door. I called right away and l/m w the service manager. Then...later on after dinner I noticed my dvd's were missing from trunk that I had placed there to watch. I called and left message w service manager just now and asked him to tell whoever 'borrowed' my dvd's to return them BUT now I am wondering if someone took up my car for pleasure b/c things are not adding up.
REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

It is 8:45am and just got call from service manager so I think it is appropriate to give update based on my last posting.
I told him how I 100% know I have dvd's in my trunk(I bought 2 copies of certain titles: 1 for car and 1 for home). He said most likely that when they cleaned the car they forgot to put it back. I responded that is reasonable explanation. He told that they of course will take care of the door ding and replace the dvd's.
Told him let's focus on the main issue at hand. Told him as our road test I drove the car last night and seriously feel the ride is if one of the wheels is damaged or loose b/c the car wobbles so much. He said "yes, I know". I said I am trusting you are really going to fight for me otherwise I like to know pretty quick so I can pursue the other route/course of action. He assured me he will for sure , since he went on a road test with me yesterday and acknowledges the vehicle noticeablu is more intense shimmy/vibration than other 750i. So he will contact BMW Canada. Told him ok I will wait to here from shortly.
In all honesty, I know lawsuit maybe inevitable but I am strong believer in going that route as the absolutely last resort and thankfully I have a lawyer who agrees with that ideology.
Will keep you posted!