View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

Did you seek your lawyer's advise before taking the car back? Personally, i think you've made a big mistake taking the car back. The dealership DID acknowledge your car had vibration/shimmy problem and that's why they kept it in the shop for all these months. You should NOT have accepted the car untill it was fixed.

Also, you should have done a thorough inspection of your car and reported any damages/missing items, etc to the manager/foremen and refuse taking the car back untill the damage has being fixed and/or your missing items return.

I'm afraid the manager lied to you. He had a better chance fighting for you when the car was in his possession than now that it is in your possession.

You really need to sit down with your lawyer and straighten things out because now that you've taken the car back it is assume that you're satisfied with the condition the car is in.

If the dealership wanted their loaner back that bad, you could've jump into a rental and tell the dealership to either fix your car or replace it. You'll not accept the car untill the acknowledge vibration/shimmy problem has being fixed.

I don't mean to jump on you or be hash but i hate when people take advantage of nice people like you. The dealership and the rest of BMW reps recognized you were patient and kind so they ran over you.

Unless you have prove of your DVDs being in the car at the time you drop it off, i doubt you can win this one.

300kms is a lot of miles just for testing but looking at how long the car has being in the shop i can see the dealership making a justification for this.

You NEED to make this a legal issue in order for BMW HQs or BMW NA or NHSB or whomever the big people are to be aware of this problem.

If all these TOYOTA drivers have being nice and patient as you have being i don't think TOYOTA would've own up to any of these major issues.

Please fight on behalf for the rest of F01/02 owners having these vibration problems.

Good luck and may the gods be with ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
THanks so much Asaseabean.
I really appreciate your wisdom and sincere advice. The car is going in for the door ding repair soon anyways but you maybe right, perhaps the service manager is not being truthful. I kind of always wondered when he tells me stuff like 'yes, i would not accept it if it were my car' and then BMW Canada says that service manager concludes this is normal characteristic!?!

At least now I got him to promise to fight. Btw I got records of all our conversations which proves everything that the service manager said. In Canada the laws allows us to record conversations as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded.

But you are right on to continue to fight b/c this is 100% unacceptable. This car serious feels is one of the wheels is about to fall off or one of the wheels is seriously damaged.
Oh yes I forgot to mention to you that I made it clear that I was taking the car back 'under protest' and in no way acknowledge that the car is satisfactory. Service manager said since this is not a safety concern, take the car back as we will still deal w BMW on this issue.

I hope I am NOT being too naive and trusting. At the same time, I have detailed records so at the end of the day..the truth will be revealed. Just thinking also, guys like you Asaseabean keep me encouraged, so....thank you.

Last edited by bcool; 03-05-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo