View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 540iA Individual
First off, Thanks to XPCGAMER for the flawless instructions which made this job a breeze AND CN90 for the diagrams he posted which put everything into perspective.

I bought my trunk supports off ebay. the seller is called "mrlousstuff". They were made by sachs which I think is oem. The fit was perfect and i think they cost me about $150.

A quick tip when doing the install, at point 12 above, position the shocks in place and insert your little finger into the hole where the hex ball goes. in this way you can feel when the shock is in place. as the shock lines up on your finger, gently remove your finger, making sure the shock comes to rest directly above where the hex screws in. Now start threading the ball end of the hex into position. the shock should be perfectly positioned on the ball in his way. Then use your large flat head or as I did, a hollow broomstick handle to press the shock down to lock onto the ball.
This will only work if your little finger is small enough to get in there.

Also, while you are doing this, check the integrity of your wires that pass through to the trunk. You may find some to be brittle or even broken, especially if you had a water leak like I did.

I hope this helps and enjoy the end result.