View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbja View Post
You think that the 2011 35i numbers are going to be that markedly different from the 2010 30i numbers?
I didn't come up with numbers. They have been posted in the technical specifications document noted above in the notes. I would believe that with a new engine and transmission that you would get better fuel economy.

Quote:
The 2011 for the 35d should be exactly the same for the 2010 since the car is basically unchanged.
They are the same. These 2010 numbers came from the Canadian BMW site. I don't have direct European numbers because the 30d and 40d engine output is different. The Canadian output is the same.

Quote:
For gallons, I think you should just stick in the US numbers instead of converting.
I would be happy to stick to US numbers but as of this writing, I haven't found any that could be used in direct comparison for 2011. These do directly convert but I'm a little stunned as to why the EPA numbers and the converted numbers don't line up a little more closely. It must be the way the testing is done. These do look like optimistic numbers where the EPA are a little on the low side.

Quote:
Can you add a column for 'km/miles per tank'? For me, its not so much about saving money on the fuel ($400/yr? eh), but how much farther I can go on a tank of gas. Give me 585 miles baby!
Will do.