View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 1987 535is
south 26,

Thanks for getting back. The 535is comes with the LSD. I leave double tracks everywhere I go. It makes a great snow car with 120 lbs of sand in the trunk and the best and freshest snow and ice tires money can buy. I think the shifting rear subframe with busted bushing was foolinging my LSD, making it think it was turning a corner all the time. We'll see. It's the best scenario I can hope for.

I could have picked up a driveable 535is for $500 a couple of years ago, a red on black one. I wish I had. The driver's side door post trim would have had me well on my way to vindication. I didn't because of the unregistered-vehicles-on-the-lot rules in our town. I think I could have covered it up, out of sight, in our "back forty". Now, the E28s are suddenly disappearing from the Upper Valley, a rare sight. No more $500 parts cars. I keep looking.

Anyone else out there have a E28, black, driver's side door post trim in good condition?

The car went on the lift on Friday for subframe and exhaust removal. The Ireland Engineering exhaust system and fluid lines are on their way. Here we go. I'll post when it is all over. I'll try to scare up a pic or two.