View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxun54 View Post
People are ordering 2011s now and are reporting deals at $500 to $1500 over invoice. You are in a competitive market, so you could probably get a 2011 for invoice +$1000, more or less. That suggests that you shouldn't be paying very much above invoice for a 2010, or even at or below invoice if you hang tough and your dealer wants to unload the car.

As suggested above, you will probably pay a bit more for a 2011 vs. 2010, but not as much more as your dealer wants you to think. And when it comes time for resale, assuming you sell 3 or 4 years after delivery either way, the difference in depreciation will be MUCH greater on a 2010 vs. 2011 (that is, MUCH greater than the difference in purchase price), because it will be treated by the schedules as one year older than the 2011, even though you might have bought either one at the same time.
If he is going to sell in 3 years then he should just lease. Makes life that much easier. The difference in depreciation won't be MUCH greater...it will be exactly one year greater.

If people are reportin****** of 500 - 1500 on top of invoice then I would negotiate 500 only

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.