View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 750LI
Radio & Amp

I feel what most of you are saying about the radio and amp. I bought a 2004 745li and fell madly in love with it. This is my 7th BMW. The car drives amazing and the sound system was excellent when I bought it. Shortly after having it for a while, the amp went out. It seems a water drip system in the back near the NAV system wasnt installed correctly and water dripped into my amp...$1000. Then my speakers started failing one-by-one. We determined it was the CD Player/ASK system. To fix that was another $1000. I tried a couple on eBay and they didnt work. The sellers SWORE they worked perfectly but it seems they were just talking about the CD player itself. The player also acts as the central computer and controls all of the speakers. I thought about writing BMW and getting their take on this stereo system made my Becker/Harmon Kardon. It seems there have been several (thousand) issues and complaints about this system failing continuously and being costly to fix. For $2000, you could have an amazing aftermarket system, but they cant be installed in these cars. I am still searching for an affordable solution to make my car the ultimate driving machine again!