View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Modern Line
I'm just thinking in general here. Are there not different engine idle speed settings and/or automatic throttle inputs for the different gear positions (for example, D or R might have a different setup compared to N, or even P). I have noticed variations in engine idle speeds in AT vehicles even when switching from N straight to P (and these are both selections that pose no resistance to engine power). If that is the case, then might it not be possible that the system is giving the engine an incorrect idle setting when D or R is selected (with the foot on the brake pedal and no throttle input from the driver). Software problem perhaps? Dunno, also first time I hear of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercourse View Post
...The warranty running out should not be a concern - within warranty they are working on the problem, and have tried at least 2 unsuccessful fixes (ECU and Transmission computer)...
That's right yes. As long as the problem was reported before the expiry date the case will remain open and covered until it is resolved. So I would not worry about that. In my experience though, I had to stay persistent with my claim to keep the process rolling. But from experience, general service in Dubai is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurodave View Post
I thought the same thing.
Perhaps Toyota began making transmissions for GM?
lol.

F30 328i Modern Line
E83 X3 2.0d

Retired: '07 X3 3.0d M-Sport - '04 X3 2.5i Sportpack - '99 328i E46 - '93 325i E36